MHC News

What kind of security does MHC Ltd require?

  • The property itself, bought or to-be-bought, is mortgaged to the lending institution, or a fixed charge inscribed on the land till the loan is repaid. 
  • In case you own a government-leased land, you will need to seek approval from the Ministry of Housing in order to mortgage your house and to pledge rights on the state land leased to you. 
  • In case of “droit de surélévation”, you will need to temporarily mortgage the whole property until the “Règlement de Copropriété” is finalised. 

View all FAQs

2022 MHC - Mauritius Housing Company Ltd