About the MHC website
This website is operated by the Mauritius Housing Company Ltd (MHC) under the domain www.mhc.mu which is an online information service provided by MHC. Your access to this website is subject to the following terms & conditions and all applicable laws. By entering viewing and browsing the website, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms & Conditions and any other applicable policies.
All materials on this website should be treated as copyrighted unless otherwise noted, and are subject to all provisions of the Copyright Act. No materials on this website may be used without the MHC’s express written permission except as stated in these Terms & Conditions or in the text on the website.
Limitation of liability responsibilities
- The MHC does not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on the website will not infringe rights of third parties not affiliated with it.
- Although MHC uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on the website, MHC makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of this information.
- MHC assures no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the website.
- MHC reserves the right to alter or delete material from the site at any time and may at any time, revise these Terms by updating this page.
- All quotations on this website are typical examples only and do not constitute an offer of a loan nor can be taken as such.
- All applications will be considered on a case to case basis and will be subject to applicable conditions of the company. Customers are requested to contact the nearest MHC Office or call on +230 405 5555 to confirm the latest interest rates and other conditions.
- Your use of and browsing within this website are at your risk. Neither the MHC nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the website is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages resulting from or connected with your access to or use of this website.
- MHC is not liable for any damages to your computer equipment or other property, including computer viruses, resulting from or connected with your access to, use of or browsing the website or your downloading of any materials from the website.
- Any communication that you transmit to MHC over the website by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated, at the discretion of the MHC, as non-confidential and non-proprietary. MHC may at its discretion, use this communication or information contained therein for any purpose, including, but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting.
- Subject to our confidentiality policies, MHC is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication that you send to the website for any purpose including, but not limited to, developing and market products or services using such information.
- Images of people, places or things displayed on the website are either the property of or used with the permission by MHC. Use of these images by you or anyone else authorized by you is prohibited unless specially permitted in writing by MHC. Any unauthorized use of images may violate laws and/or regulations regarding copyright, trademark, privacy and publicity and communications.
- The trademark, service marks and logos displayed on the website are registered and unregistered trademarks of MHC and others. Nothing contained on the website should be construed as granting in any way a License or right to use any Trademark displayed on the website without the written permission of MHC or such third party that may own Trademarks displayed.
- Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the website or any other content on the website except as provided in these Terms & Conditions is strictly prohibited. MHC will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
- MHC shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever with respect to customer’s personal data or other data directly or indirectly caused by malfunction of MHC system, unlawful access to or theft of data, third party systems, computer virus or destructive code on MHC system or third party systems such as internet service providers, telecommunication service providers or any event over which MHC has no control.
- The Mauritian Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in all disputes arising under these terms and conditions.
Personal Information and Data Protection Act
MHC is committed towards its esteemed customers in protecting and keeping their personal data confidential. With the enforcement of the Mauritian Data Protection Act 2017 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), MHC recognizes that its customers may have many questions about these new laws and regulations. To help customers to have a better understanding of the abovementioned law and regulation, the significant provisions has been outlined below:
- Right to Be Informed: - The right to know how your Personal Information are collected and processed and the purposes for which MHC intend to use it for.
- Right of Access: - The right to request access to your personal information held by MHC.
- Right to Rectification: - The right to request for rectification of your personal information when you believe that they are inaccurate.
- Right to Erasure: - The right to be forgotten provided that a legitimate interest to hold such information does not override your right to erasure.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: - The right to request that the processing of your data is stopped when you believe that your data is not accurate.
- Right to Object: - The right to object to the use of your Personal Information.
- Rights Regarding Automated Decision Making: - The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
A data breach occurs where there is an unauthorised disclosure or a loss of personal data. Any breach must immediately be reported to MHC by writing or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org for appropriate measures to be taken to recover or limit any damage.
If you believe that any personal data MHC holds about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us at email@example.com at the earliest. MHC will promptly update any incorrect personal data found.