- Foundation of the Mauritius Housing Corporation.
- Development of real estate projects that have become landmarks in Mauritius (clos Verger and Vuillemin are few examples).
- Introduction of Government Sponsored Loans (GSL) to stimulate home ownership.
- The Plan Epargne Logement (PEL) was launched and has, over the years, remained one of our highly demanded products/services.
- Incorporated of the MHC as a state-owned public company under the name of Mauritius Housing Company Ltd (MHC).
- Opening of a branch in Rodrigues.
- Extension of our marketing and service network with the opening of a branch in Flacq.
- Two new branches, in Curepipe and Goodlands, bring us closer to our customers.
- Introduction of Land Purchase Scheme and In-House Architectural services.
- Deposit-taking activities - Housing Deposit Certificate (HDC).
- Introduction of Fast Loan Scheme.
- Laying down of Foundation Stone of Camp du Roi Complex, Rodrigues.
- Joint Venture between BPML and MHC in the CyberVillage project at Ebène.
- Launching of new schemes targeting existing MHC clients in response to their changing requirements.
- New products are developed - 'Complete ou Lakaz', Mixed Construction Loan and Dream Express Scheme - to strongly differentiate the Mauritius Housing Company Ltd from competition.
- Introduction of Dreamhome Express Loan scheme.
- Introduction of Home Loan Extra scheme.
- Vuillemin Housing Project.
- Development of a new Savings product - Junior PEL Saver - aimed at parents who wish to secure a bright future for their child.
- Implementation of a Quality Management System to improve the efficiency of our processes and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Vuillemin Phase III Housing Project.
- ISO 9001:2008 Certification.
- Social Housing Projects Dubrueil & Sottise.
- Opening of a branch in Triolet.
- Golden Jubilee celebration.
- MHC is the grand winner of the Mauritius Business Excellence Award 2012, a national competition aimed at fostering a culture of excellence among Mauritian economic operators.
- MHC proudly hosted the 29th Annual Conference of the African Union for Housing Finance (AUHF).
- Launching of a new Housing Loan Product for middle-income earners: the MHC Housing Empowerment Loan Scheme.
- Launching of the Centralised Banking Information System (CBIS) project.
- Winner of the Africa’s Best Brand & Employer Awards acknowledging MHC's innovative approach.
- Opening of a new branch in Moka.
- Launching of a housing loan product at 1% interest rate during the first year. A first-up in the housing loan market.
- Laying of foundation stone at Domaine Le Hochet.
- Winner of the Bronze Award for NPQC 2018.
- Completion of Domaine Le Hochet - Phase I and Phase II.
- Completion of Morcellement Roches Brunes (Sale of Bare land).
- Team Building activity organised at Domaine De L’Etoile.
- Opening of a branch in Rose Belle.
- Launch of three innovative products: MHC Flexiloan, MHC Quick Mortgage and New Home Loan 2.55%.